PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 report out
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2012, 13:10
TTex600

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vin Rouge, thanks for the link.

Good article, but the reader will assume nothing more than pilot incompetences to be the cause of 228 deaths. Statements such as "reacting as designed" lead an uninformed reader to conclude the aircraft was functioning normally.

The article quotes the PF as stating "I have no more displays" but failed to expand on what is both implied and clearly stated in those words. The same can be said for the PM's, "We have no valid indications".

To the authors credit, he did write it correctly with these words, "Among the checklist actions is disengagement of the flight directors, which can — and did in this case — present erroneous cues in the absence of consistent airspeed information."

The author also included information about the stall warning returning when " the speeds became valid again", without any explanation why they became invalid in the first place.

We're I Air France, I'd be more more than slightly upset about articles such as this; they imply pilot error as the sole cause and pilot error puts AF in a precarious position liability wise. At least it does from my (non attorney) opinion.