PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA Military Accreditation
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2012, 09:01
BEagle

Received 271 Likes on 110 Posts
BEagle - so why are you are arguing so vociferously on this thread (and elsewhere on PPRuNe) in support of all this EASA euro-bollocks nonsense?
Not me, chum - I happen to think that EASA is the worst thing to have hit aviation in the last 50 years and have been arguing against its excesses ever since the threat it posed became clear!

There is a very simple solution - get an FI rating to prove that you can instruct (let's say it is equivalent to PGCE - which it is in France). That should allow an instructor to teach any advanced subject that he has demonstrable competence in - whether as a CRI, IRI, aerobatics, night.
Which is all an aerobatic instructor has to do. Get the rating (can even be CRI if people wish), demonstrate comptence in the discipline to an FIC instructor and off you go. People with aerobatic background are credited all requirments and just need to apply for the addition of the rating. Although the Aerobatic Rating isn't mandatory for such folk until 2015, it isn't clear whether than applies to FI / CRI wishing to teach aerobatics before then. But since (in the UK) it's largely a no-cost exercise if included with a licence conversion, why wouldn't they?

What I am disputing is the concept of any form of civil instruction without the 'instructor' holding an appropriate qualification.

Last edited by BEagle; 20th Aug 2012 at 07:34.