PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK advice please
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2012, 06:55
Kempus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You need to weigh it up with what other offers you actually have. Ba won't recruit for another year and there's already a queue for a start with them so, you will be looking at around the end of 2013 at the earliest. Can you wait that long assuming that your successful in interview? Around 400 have joined since they began recruiting again in 2010 so that's a fair amount in front of you in a seniority driven company.

Apart from that and a small decrease in T&C's it's the best euro job around at the moment in my opinion. It's not perfect but it's close.

I've not been in Dubai that long and it is as I thought at time of interview, not perfect. It is as it says on the tin, not the UK. I accepted that and came here with eyes open and I'm not very often surprised by how things work over here.
I know people that came thinking it was the bee's knee's and are so disappointed and so so desperate to get out.

The job ain't that bad and you can do the mix of long or short haul flying as you would at BA albeit all on the same aircraft type. Crews are nice although there seems to be a big them and us culture here and can be seen down route when the crew make plans and don't involve anyone not in their clique.

Having accommodation provided is a plus I think as my salary is mine to spend on fast cars, fancy watches and fast women if I so wish whilst in the meantime someone else pays the mortgage back home for my nest egg should it all go horribly wrong out here and I need out Other plus points. private education for the kids which I can't afford back home, relatively safe environment, large cultural diversity, cost of living comparable to northern parts of the UK, cheap fuel and during the winter 6 months of outdoor living.

If you want send me a pm with any questions and never base any decisions with what is here on pprune. Everyone's situation is different and thus no one can ever question which way you decide to go.

Oh and remember, a holdpool is not a job. Don't place all your hopes and dreams into a holdpool.

Kempus

Last edited by Kempus; 19th Aug 2012 at 06:57.