PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA ATPL audio files?
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2012, 23:27
Hitbacker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the answers, any other comments?

Well thx for the quick answers. But just to quote my case: I just paid 2800 € for my Special CPL Licence conversion (just an ATPL distance course), 150 € for DVDs for Meteorology (Nav not out yet, but same price for another 5 DVD's), sth like 650 € for ATPL books, and some other bill of study material of about 500 €. Now - I now how to get my bargains and have saved oodles of money (about 27 k € for 300 h tt, mostly statesides, FAA CPL ME/IR plus GPL in the UK, including 90 hrs ME and 35 hrs FNPT), but if I look at each flight hour's price and Paco's argument I just have to side with him. Paper or CBT - that depends on the quality of the material, I think - a mix might be even best from a didactical point of view.

But if I look at the amount of guys going modular, or just the ones that know they want to go integrated and try to get ahead with their studying I am sure there is some market there for the ones who commute or don`t live in a library, passionately. Especially, as Paco points out, since you need a sign off from a school for the exams. I am sure OAT makes some small but steady profit from their material. Maybe no comparison to King School or ASA in the States, but then again - if you already have it, if people buy aviation scanners for radio practise, why not sell a CD with core raw undispensible memory stuff for say 30 - 40 quid or €?

A complete course? That's debatable, perhaps; but the stuff you wanna pound into your brain? Formulas, rules of thumb etc.

Any other sources anyone here has heard of? Again, I have paid (see first paragraph) and would do so again, especially if there is some customer recommendation in some forum or marketplace such as Amazon.

Thanks for any thoughts!