PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LAN Peru,Chile, Argentina
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2012, 21:01
FlyingOW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Peruvian aviation regs state that only Nationals be hired by airlines, with the exception of CAN nationals in recent times. Foreigners can only be hired if and when there aren't any locals who are suitably qualified. The aviation/labour lawyer mentioned in the article opposed the hiring of Spanish pilots because:

1. Plenty of unemployed local pilots.
2. There exist no reciprocity between Peru and Spain.

This can hardly be called racism, can it? Of course not. Seems perfectly acceptable to me. You want to hire foreign nationals? Ok, just give my guys the same opportunities in the their country, and give the guys on the street a chance first. Could I go and fly in Spain if I wanted to? Would Sepla allow it? Real question btw.

So the company was able to convince the government that skilled/rated Spanish pilots were necessary to meet LAN Peru's growing needs of expansion. And as Read, Speak & Write Spanish is an absolute must they looked towards Spanish shores to supplement the already culturally diverse work force.

The Spanish contingency were met with open arms by LPE Pilots. I personally get on quite well with most of them, and am told by most FOs they enjoy flying with them. Nevertheless more than half have left for pastures green of their own accord, with the exception of 1, and some have stayed and settled in (3 plus years and going) I take it the company is looking to recruit more DECs from Spain over the next year, so again clueless about the firing of Spaniards for Pluna guys.

Your post talks about bad attitude and bad treatment from "South American Peruvian Pilots". Why don't you ask those that stayed why they chose to do so, and why this who left did instead of making reference to other forums.

I hope this brings any further discussion on this subject to an end as I have no desire to waste any more of my time engaging in debate with you.

OW

Last edited by FlyingOW; 19th Aug 2012 at 02:34.