PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA ATPL audio files?
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2012, 20:37
paco

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts
"We need to work on better distance learning systems,"

I quite agree - that's why we used to use videoconferencing but we were stopped. So much for progress. The audio/video files were created for that purpose.

It doesn't matter about being signed off by a school - I can assure you that any material will be copied and sold within a day of it being on the market. It will be used by people in other schools to supplement their studies.

It's bad enough having to copy protect my pdf files (I hate it) but there are already copies of my books available on the internet, and there are people who will spend more to photocopy material than to just buy a proper copy. Weird. Aside from lasermarking each page, my only secret weapon is that the ones from my web site are always updated. As usual, the minority spoil it for people who want a genuine service. Why do you think Bristol et al copy protect their course materials?

As a point of interest, the overwhelming majority of our students like the paper notes. We only ever lost one to another school because they had CBT, but he came back later anyway.

Last edited by paco; 18th Aug 2012 at 20:45.