PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Beginning of a career. Where to go, where to start?
Old 18th Aug 2012, 19:45
pilotnick07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some interesting and well thought out advice you're getting on here my friend. Take heed of those that have blazed the trail ahead of you.

Just a couple of points I thought of (just my two cents worth so take it or leave it);

1) don't waste your time and money doing a bachelor of aviation management. I say this after having done one myself. If a university degree is something you are serious about doing a human factors focused degree is highly desirable for aviation employers now.

2) don't be in a mad rush to fly the "big boys" straight away. I certainly admire and can empathize with your desire to fly that line of work, but enjoy early days of training, hour building etc. remember flying is meant to be fun. Of you are learning, building hours towards requirements, and enjoying it then you will be satisfied flying whatever, wherever and for whoever and your career will progress at its natural speed.
I know many a pilot who wishes they'd spent more time enjoying the early days of VFR single prop flying rather than getting stressed out about getting in turbines ASAP.

Keep us posted on how everything is going!

Just remember if it takes full power to taxi in you may have left the wheels up.