PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA needs our help!!!
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2003, 22:28
monkeyfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hurlingham

My opions.

There is a note that the members of AOPA are PPLs. You claim that APOA does not represent GA, and that there is no organisation that does. I AGREE. The problem as I see it is that PPLs are GA. Without a strong GA there will be no PPLs. Without PPLs there will be no GA. To my thinking, GA includes "mucking" around in "little" aircraft on survey work for $$$$ mining contracts, medical flight and the list goes on. BUT NOTE MY previous statement. Without PPLs there will be no GA, without GA there will be no PPLs.

OPTION. THE CURRENT (PROBLEM?) within the board is not people, but team-man-ship. Most (succesfull) people in aviation have very strong "personalilities". The current members of the board, including Russell, are most likely the people with the right experience. BUT THEY ARE WORKING SOLO.

OPTION. AOPA is fighting spot fires. It looks are individual problems. There are systemmatic (big work hey!) problems within aviation, and not limited to CASA (although they are the biggest). We need to repair the problem, not fix it. (Note, often the best repair is with small steps IN ONE DIRECTION)

Lets try again, with corect spelling

hurlingham

My opions.

There is a note that the members of AOPA are PPLs. You claim that AOPA does not represent GA, and that there is no organisation that does. I AGREE. The problem as I see it is that PPLs are a mojor part of GA. Without a strong GA there will be no PPLs. Without PPLs there will be no GA. To my thinking, GA includes "mucking" around in "little" aircraft on survey work for $$$$ mining contracts, medical flight and the list goes on. BUT NOTE my previous statement. Without PPLs there will be no GA, without GA there will be no PPLs.

OPION. THE CURRENT (PROBLEM?) within the board is not people, but team-person-ship. Most (sucessful) people in aviation have very strong "personalilities". The current members of the board, including Russell, are most likely the people with the right experience. BUT THEY ARE WORKING SOLO.

OPION. AOPA is fighting spot fires. It looks at individual problems. There are systemmatic (big work hey!) problems within aviation, and not limited to CASA (although they are the biggest). We need to repair the problem, not fix it. (Note, often the best repair is with small steps IN ONE DIRECTION)