PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Purchase a Raven I or Raven II in Ireland ?
Old 18th Aug 2012, 13:20
Sug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I must say thanks very much for all the replies and all the messages. I have a lot to consider. I am booking a weekend in London, Denham to renew my pilot licence as my local pilot school is gone. I think I will be doing the flying on a Raven I over there so will see when I get flying her how I feel about it.
While I am on the subject, for 1/4 million, is there any other type of helicopter I could get ? I know turbines are awful dear but most of them seem very old. It has to be able carry 4 people at least. A 2 seater is no good to my family. The main reason I want the helicopter is to get myself from home to the east of the country and in the sunny season I would like it for family use for visiting hotels on weekends and islands etc.
Thanks again very much for all the information. Its really helpful. I have a neighbour who used to fly helicopters in the 1980's in Shannon so he is helping me look for one.
I did all my Private training on R44 in america. I did a few hours on a R22 in Galway years ago but 2 seater is no good to me.
Thanks for advice. oh and I will phone nama to see what they have for sale on there books.
Cheers