PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2012, 21:52
Jack1985

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
very strange IAA statement issued 2 weeks after problem began. if it took that length of time to discover it, cork can look forward to no ILS for some time yet
Airlines were notified in late June of this ILS problem, it will be unserviceable until Sept before tests can begin. Please stop moaning about everything Francis you seem good at that.

Yet again, today has turned into another day of abject shame for Cork Airport with aviators being put into the position of having to attempt tailwind approaches in low visibility and winds out of limits, lengthy holds and the almost inevitable diversion later to other competitor airfields. All while Minisiter Varadkar says the priority must be rest with the midwest airfield's independence.

Another buffoon of a Transport Minister in a long, long line of buffoon Transport Ministers.

I think that it is high time there was a forensic investigation into the operations of the DAA and IAA
Hear, hear. What surprises me is that Leo is young and still seem's so out of touch to the problems facing the industry, the time is long overdue that Ministers should be elected to portfolios they have experience in.

Investigations into the DAA, CAA and IAA are long over due. Branch reform is needed in all boards.

No indication of why the Landing instrument has been u/s for two weeks or what they intend to do about it.
Reason I heard was a failure in the G/S needed to be corrected, IAA do not refer to that however. The fact they're waiting until Sept for a contractor to begin tests is something I'm surprised Ryanair haven't jumped on.