PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA Military Accreditation
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2012, 21:44
BillieBob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Beagle, This exchange does not concern the EASA implementing rules but your contention that, under JAR-FCL, it was illegal for a pilot without an FI rating (or with an FI rating that included a 'No aerobatics' restriction) to give instruction for purposes other than those described in Article 80 of the ANO. That contention is entirely wrong and you have been signally unable to cite any legal instrument to support it. It is also clear that you do not understand the distinction between public transport and aerial work, nor the provisions of Article 50. If a licensed pilot hires an aeroplane and chooses to pay me (as the holder of a professional licence) for my time and expertise, that is entirely within the law. If the other pilot feels he needs to log the flight then SNY should do the trick.

I have, on various occasions in the past, discussed this particular issue with both PLD Approvals (as it then was), the then CFE and Head of Policy. All agreed (off the record) that the 'No aerobatics' restriction was entirely unsupportable in law but, in the knowledge that EASA was on the way, were disinclined to do anything about it. Hence my original contention that removing the restriction ahead of 17 Sep was pointless.

Oh, and I attended the last ARE thrash in London - it was awesome, those ex-coppers can really put it away!