PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA Military Accreditation
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2012, 20:44
BillieBob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK Beagle, I'll take that as a 'No', you cannot point me at any piece of legislation that prevents me teaching aerobatics, you merely think that it should be wrong. According to the ANO, I need to hold an FI rating only if I wish to give instruction to a person for the reason of becoming qualified for the grant of a pilot's licence or for the inclusion of any rating or qualification in a pilot's licence (Article 80). If I wish to give instruction for any other purpose, therefore, I don't need an FI Rating.

The A2 and DA are far from irrelevant as they show that I am not, by seeking to teach aerobatics, guilty of 'reckless endangerment', the only possible provision of the ANO that you could have quoted to support your argument. Part-FCL is also irrelevant, at least for another month.

The privileges of my licence are to fly "as pilot in command of an aeroplane for any reason whatsoever", unless some other provision of the ANO restricts that privilege. If you can show me any provision (not opinion) that says that I cannot give instruction that is not for the purposes described in Article 80, I will accept that you are right and I am wrong.

You have control.

Last edited by BillieBob; 17th Aug 2012 at 20:47.