PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2012, 16:28
Tom the Tenor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are plenty civil and military calibrators around. I bet the expense is a factor. One thing is for sure, if it was the landing system of that favoured airfield in the midwest which was giving trouble it would have been sorted in a matter of a few days.

Yet again, today has turned into another day of abject shame for Cork Airport with aviators being put into the position of having to attempt tailwind approaches in low visibility and winds out of limits, lengthy holds and the almost inevitable diversion later to other competitor airfields. All while Minisiter Varadkar says the priority must be rest with the midwest airfield's independence.

Another buffoon of a Transport Minister in a long, long line of buffoon Transport Ministers.

I think that it is high time there was a forensic investigation into the operations of the DAA and IAA as something about this Cork ILS thing stinks to high heaven to me.

As much as I can gather operations at Fort Knox Tower have been continuing normally today so otherwise all is well with the world and Cork's passengers can go to hell.