PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2012, 09:23
A4

Ut Sementem Feeceris

Received 158 Likes on 32 Posts
I see many guys asking us on the outside not to join Flexi. OK, then let’s assume for one minute that we don’t. What are you prepared to do in return?
People say that for YOUR benefit - not theirs. If you all said "no thanks", what do you think would happen to T&C's? - but it will NEVER happen.

For every would be flexi crew applicant who bravely joins your cause, what are easyJet pilots prepared to do in return?
It's not OUR cause! In the recent pay talks the new entry contract was rejected out of hand because it was so poor - was that not looking out for the next generation? If you think encumbents are going to start sacrificing pay and roster patterns to facilitate cadet entry........ best of luck with that. Harsh but true.

Turning the tables why should someone who has worked hard for 15+ years as instructor/light twin/turbo/small jet/medium jet/SFO/Command sacrifice anything? Just so that someone, who may have literally just left University, can (must?) fly a jet? GET REAL PEOPLE!

I appreciate this may sound provocative, and I'm not aiming it specifically at you MikeEcho, but I'm getting a little tired of the whinging, me me me, must have NOW generation.