PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - india DGCA ATPL exam
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2012, 08:50
breakbeat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What subjects to study for the ATPL exam

Hello,

I have a Indian DGCA CPL License with a Multi Endorsement. I had converted my FAA CPL to an Indian DGCA CPL. I am NOT working with any airline currently.

I would like to appear for the Written Exams held for the ATPL in the Oct 2012 session.

I know this question has been asked before, but I would like to be diligent, and confirm - what are the subjects that I should study, for the ATPL exam?

According to the CAR, Date 16th June, 2011 Syllabus for Examination for Issue of Airline Transport Pilot's License - Aeroplanes, the subjects are -

- Air Navigation
- Aviation Meterology
- Radio Aids and Instruments (Avionics)
- Air Regulation
- Aircraft and Engines - Technical General
- Technical Specific Paper
- Techincal Performance Paper
- Radio Telephony

I understand, that the Technical Specific Paper & Technical Performance Paper are probably specific to the plane that I will gain my 1500 hours of experience on. (Not sure, just guessing)

I not too sure what the deal with the Radio Telephony subject is considering I possess the FRTOL license.

Here's were I have my doubt - Do I have to appear for the Air Regulation subject & Aircraft and Engines - Technical General subject examinations?

If not, Why?

Can anyone provide me with this information, and also back up the information with a DGCA website link if possible? I have tried looking for information on the DGCA website, but my efforts were futile.

Also, Is there a phone number of a person in the DGCA I can talk to regarding this information?

Any answers, you could provide will be really helpful. Again I would like to say that I know this question has been asked before, but as you'll know any information regarding the DGCA is so difficult to obtain, & I would just like to be clear.

Thank You.

breakbeat