PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R.I.P Skyhawks
Thread: R.I.P Skyhawks
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2012, 08:38
SpazSinbad

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts
HehHeh SATCO I'll have to look up who youse is from the recent Navy List releases at the RAN Hysterical Pubs Website. I see wrongly named stuff all the time. By way of explanation back in dem days, having only mechanical typewriters to bash upon, often hyphens were omitted. And anyway the A4G/TA4G were known as such. So bugga PCness I still call 'em dat.

Main reason why the dreaded 4.4GB PDF was started (along with smaller pubs for youse edification) was said incorrect info on the infant web all those years ago now. I quickly found that mistakes are not corrected but good luck with getting someone to correct anything. I could go on and on but will stop there...

At least I think the current FAAM does not list the modified A-4B (currently on display as an A4G) as a TA-4B. This is correct in one sense but not in a more common sense sense. The 'trainer' T was added to the A-4B momentarily to enable them to be superceded by new operational Skyhawks back in those ancient days. T is for Trainer so these single seater Bs were 'trainers for a day' (so to speak).

BTW here is a punchy extract from VF-805 (withorwithouthyphen I don't recall guv) Squadron Diary re 885 loss:

Click for Pic:

And Click for the Video:

Last edited by SpazSinbad; 17th Aug 2012 at 08:52.