PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 9
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2012, 20:41
RetiredF4

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Studi
Now what do it mean with alternate law protects you somehow. Depending on the failure, Alternate Law has not only load factor protection, but also high and low speed stability. Low speed stability induces a nose down moment if you get too slow, however can be overriden with the stick (not possible in normal law). Same with high speed stability. However, in daily ops, I don't need to know that I have it, as I am not supposed to use it deliberately. If it helps me, fine, that is my advantage, if not, I am as bad as in a conventional plane.
I´m familiar with those protections, which had been absent in AF447 case due to ALT2B (which you seem not interested to know), which makes quite a difference.

Maybe i should have quoted the whole sentence of you. (bolding by me)

That is why it leaves normal law and enters alternate law, and that is why alternate law has in itself different levels of protection. But that is a non-issue for me, as in alternate mode, the Airbus still protects you somehow
You speak of alternate law and the loss of some protections, and that the airbus is "somehow" still protecting you. What do you mean with this somehow protection, or is it just a phrase for your overall consience in the system?