PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reservist Medical Staff
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2003, 15:37
Wycombe

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Regie,

Oh dear, I should have qualified what I said to exclude the Medics (I did mention that I wasn't one) and am in complete agreement with the sentiments expressed by Tigs2 in his original post.

What I should have made clear (and now you have said it for me) is that a Reservist like me that does something completely different in Civvy Life to what I did in the Military (and only does it for a few weeks a year in total) will very rarely be a capable as his/her Regular counterpart. The Regulars I always got on with were the ones who were able to accept that indisputable fact and put our enthusiasm to good use.

I'm sorry you've interpreted my comments the way you have - when I was "in" we had close links with the Auggie Medics and they were a great (and very professional) bunch.

Auggies who do essentially the same job in Civvy street as they do for the Mil should of course be good at it - unlike a Medic Unit, we had very few of those on my Sqn (but instead rather a lot of ex-Regs, many of whom had put a lot of years in and most of whom were a great help and added to our overall credibility).

Last edited by Wycombe; 10th Jan 2003 at 08:05.