PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OFFICER and AIRCREW 'CANDIDATES' PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 16th Aug 2012, 13:13
Exascot
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daily Mail Strikes Again

Congratulations Miss Wilson it is a good job you do not want to become a journalist.

A-level student Emily Wilson is on course for a high-flying career after she got the grades she needed to become an RAF helicopter pilot.

The 18-year-old, from Newcastle, who achieved an A* in biology and an A in chemistry and physics, has been accepted to study biology at the University of Edinburgh and will then head to Sandhurst for her military training.

Miss Wilson, who attended Central Newcastle High School, said she originally wanted to be a vet but had a change of mind during the year.

While studying for her exams, Miss Wilson has been busy passing tests that are necessary for her to fulfil her flying dreams.

She said: 'I originally got interested in flying through the cadets and it's definitely the excitement and the variety that drew me in.

'I will go to university first and then Sandhurst and by the time I'm 25 years old I could be flying an Apache and my family are really happy.'

Read more: A-Level Results Day 2012: A grades fall for first time in 21 years | Mail Online