PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus objects to new DUB runway
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2003, 14:36
stargazer02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
runway extension

The current runway of 28/10 will have it's threshold extended in the future to eventually reach what is now the old Swords road which will be closed or possibly re-routed.
The 16/34 cannot be extended the the south as it will interfer with the M50 motorway and the blocks of flats to the south of the field and cannot be extended as they would have to put several thousand tons of earth as the start of the runway would need to be elevated.
The runway which is being extended is 29/11 per the 60yr plan issued by Aer Rianta.
They had a fair at the end of the year in the airport showing their plans and what was to be expected.
Why ALT are objecting to it if it is true is beyond me as a new runway will increase the airport capacity and bring more possible chances of revenue to all carriers.
The other headache in the airport from my point of view is parking
Aer Rianta in their wisdom shown in the latest AIP show that they will be closing the light aircraft parking A & B to make more stands and hence no forth coming area being offered for parking.
There are 4 self manouvering stands where i have parked my G4 but these too are going soon to make room for Pier D.

Aer Rianta the airport authority don't have a proper executive air terminal in Dublin and don't realise that although the private jets carry small amounts of passengers they actualling carry most of the main business people who make the main business decisions in the country of Ireland .,......yet they make them park miles from the terminal building and shun them when crews like us request better parking facilities but they just don't listen.
As far as Aer Rianta mgmt are concerned the corporate traffic should be moved to Baldonnel or Gormanstown but NOT IN THEIR BACK YARD!!!!!