PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 9
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2012, 02:36
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I was real particular, this would be my line: wanting a second source of data for the resultant PITCH 447 showed in "the climb", I would suggest utilizing the THS setting On the same time line.

Now the THS trims following the elevators, so until the STALL, the elevators according to THS would be at around five degrees NU. If the computer was in control of the climb, (it was) we would look at another source of record, the sidetick(s). Just because the SS was recorded at various percentages of travel, and appeared to synch with the PITCH, do we know the pilot was using it consistent with the trace record? What does the DFDR record when the aircraft is climbing on its own, relative to the SS movement? Does the SS record a mimic of the Computer's inputs? In Caraibes, what were the SS traces? They were ineffective? Were the actual SS movements recorded, or what they would be if the computer protection was instituting the climb?

Using the SS to record elevator position would be counter to design, yes? Wouldn't the elevator positions be recorded? Or the actuators at least?

What is the logic for data recording when the climb is out of the pilots control? And why would the SS have any bearing on the AoA anyway, in that event?

There are places on the PITCH track that lead the SS movement, by the way.