PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airsick students
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2012, 00:12
Rocade

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies,

Heston: Good advise, we'll try that and see how it goes. I was also thinking about flying to a remote, quiet airfield. We fly from a fairly large, international airport and I guess The radio-chatter and the stress of other traffic (boeing 737,757 and Airbusses) are just to much for him.

Dobbin: he just hands the controllers over to me to "do his business", I continue the approach and finsh the landing. I've asked him if he wanted the controls back but he really is unfit to fly for about 5-10 mins after his 'incidents'

Taras: I told him that we could fly as long as he wanted, but with each lesson costing him £120 and we're not making any real progress, his interest in flying is fading

I feel partly reponsible for his condition. He was so confident with the controls during the beginning of his first lesson that I tried talking him down for his first landing, I think I just overloaded him with instructions and with too many things going around, it was just too much his nerves to handle and now he assosiates landings with queasiness...

Hopefully we'll make some progress this weekend!