PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 report out
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2012, 18:18
DozyWannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Clandestino
Doughnut is power lever position, it is demanded, not delivered power
Yup - hence use of the word "settings". Power *setting* is visible via the doughnuts, power *value* is visible on the graph - so in fact it's possible to see if there's a significant discrepancy between what is being ordered and what you're getting by looking at that one panel.

You really believe that all folks that keep on promoting views incompatible with the way things really work are interested in serious discussion?
I believe that some of them think they are, but what concerns me more than that is the number of people who come away believing the things that aren't true.

For what it's worth I don't see your contributions as arrogant in the slightest. I see them as understandable exasperation with those who continue to muddy the waters without having a proper grasp of the situation, who nevertheless have a firm belief that they are correct. I'm also more than a little amused at the criticism coming from those who are unaware just how useful and long-standing your active BS-detection and refutation has been.