PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 300 to 1500 hours? How are you going to do it?
Old 15th Aug 2012, 17:18
flyliberty1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First off, I'm a bigtime newbie (disclaimer). But...it seems like the hardest part is getting from 250 to 500. After 500 you've had a few jobs, know a few people, etc. I've been doing a little research locally and the nearest diver driver job starts at 1000TT, but that's turbine. Seems like most jobs you need at least 500TT. I dunno, it seems like CFI is the only way to go to build that time (especially multi) unless you a)are independently wealthy, b)go to africa or something, c)know someone who can line up some work, or d)go to a flight academy (see a.)
Most aerial survey...500TT
Regionals...500-1500TT and ATP usually
I've read lots of forums with guys saying no low time jobs start until 500TT. I've also read guys saying they got jobs straight out of CPL, but that's usually because they knew somebody.
I agree with some folks, it seems so backwards having newly-minted pilots teaching everyone to fly. But, not everyone can just take there time and "fly for fun" and all that. Gotta put food on your table at the end of the day, especially after spending so much money on school!
Or do I have it all wrong?