PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2012, 15:29
vikdream

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How many ex-CTC pilots have written here they haven't been joined an airline after his graduation with CTC? I have not seen any. It might take a long time, but all of them (I am talking about cadets, not other CTC programmes) have been able fly in an airline.

I know some EZY-CTC pilots, some of them started 10 months ago. All of them are still flying for EZY.

Things are complicated. A huge amount of flexi pilots might be grounded this winter, but they will come back in the summer or CTC might include them in the hold pool again.

You might be against this programme, but it is (by far) the best programme in Europe (apart from the ones sponsored by an airline, such as the FPP, Aer Lingus, Flybe... etc). It is expensive, but other ATPL programmes are as well (even more than CTC Wings) and they don't have the employment stats that CTC have. Even if your "adventure" with the airline lasts only for 8 months, you have had time to have a TR on a A320, more than 500 h on type and you have paid more or less the same amount of money you would pay for other ATPL programmes.

I would like to pay less for my training, then start instructing for 1-2 years and gain a job in a regional airline. That would be fantastic. However, many wanabees planned it this way and, 4-5 years later, they haven't been able to proceed to the second step. Their debt is a bit lower (not much), they are unemployed (probably they are, but not flying aircrafts) and they have had no experience on jets.

I'm on CP101 by the way, if there any other cadets on CP101 here, PM me please