PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun, Botswana. The essential guide.
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2012, 14:43
Zim_Invader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First up, a big thanks to lilfly for going through the trouble of setting this up n being so kind as to still keep tabs on it...This has been extremely helpful! - i've heard some real horror stories of ppl that have gone to places, like aus, and toughed it out for 4 yrs and only come out with a bigger debt and a very morbid expression. It doesn't really help convince one's parents that it'll be ok and I WILL FIND WORK.

i'm just finishin up some SEIR and MEIR stuff now and will be looking to scoot over late sept and early october - wish me luck

Aaah, it has been a good 8 yrs since i've lived in afrca for more than 6 weeks... i'm looking forward to it.

I wonder... i've got a degree from the university of auckland - BSc in Biology. Do degrees even help much when applying for jobs or is it just something else that decorates that cv?

I'm flying in from NZ so wanna keep the bags n luggage to a minimum. - chances are i'll be dropping off random food items and gifts in Zimbabwe on my way through.. are there good quality tents to be bought in Maun? or would it still be a better idea to bring one with me beforehand.

Any chance you guys have some home-videos of your own flights in and around the delta? care to hit us up with a few links? It'd be nice to see a few "real" vids...

and wow... this is one hellova thread to read in one night.