PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airsick students
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2012, 13:56
Rocade

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Airsick students

Hello,

I'm having some airsickness problem with one of my students. Every time we start our decent for landing/traffic pattern he starts to feel queasy and every time in the base/final turn he goes for the bag, followed by unwanted views of his last meal.

N.b. we have only had 4 flights so I was hoping that this was something that would go away, but now he's having second thoughts about his lessons. We are going to give it a final go this weekend but he said if he would get airsick again he would call it quits for now.

I've had airsick students before but that was more of a one-time-only incidents following some heavy air excersises, but this is more persistent

I feel sorry for the guy, he handles the plane great and has good potential, but his airsickness problems are getting in the way. He says he never gets sick while flying as a pax in small planes (which he has done a few times) so I'm thinking this is more of a psychological problem than physiological.

Any advise from you that have had airsick students? or are some just not "made for flying"