PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Recruiting now
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2012, 11:35
Black Pudding

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good day DK

That was nice that he replied to you and gave you the information you was looking for

Not sure my comment was naive, just don't understand why you would tell all the world the name of the person who is in charge of recruitment. Its a dog eat dog world.

As for having a job delivered to my doorstep, not at all. I got my first flying job aged 39 and with only 400 hours total. It was on a 737NG for Thomson. Was there for only 3 years and then made redundant with about 100 others in 2010. The only job I could get was here in Qatar on the 320 fleet, so a job delivered to my doorstep, if you call 3500 miles doorstep ?

As for venturing something in order to get it, I have never paid up front for a type rating, I have been very very lucky, but as I keep telling everyone, you make your own luck in the world.

Flying is my 3rd career and I have worked very hard to get here. Took me just over 5 years to get my license whilst still working full time and a family. My previous 2 careers was on average working 60-80 hours a week and can't remember how many Christmas days I have worked. I have probably done more miles reversing a truck than you have driving a car forwards. I have probably worked more hours in the dark than you have seen daylight. So please, I am not naive, trying to give you some advice from someone who knows exactly how hard it is to get a job.

When I started for Thomson, I was also offered another job and was also offered 2 sim assessments for 2 other jobs. Like buses, nothing for 2 years and then 4 come at once.

The key to getting a job in aviation is network network and network, and remember, its a very very small world and it does not take 2 and 2 to work out who people are on here.

All I am saying is posting names of recruitment managers on here will not only give your competitors an upper hand, but you may be shooting yourself in the foot.

If I did a search for other post you have done on here, it wont take long to see how many hours you have on what aircraft and then hey presto, you application to them will not take long to spot.

Not saying mentioning his name is going to piss him off that much, but when he has 1000s of applications, why should he bother with someone who thinks its acceptable to post his name on here. What sort of a person will he think you are ?

Last point, he may see you call me naive. I am not too bothered about that, but again, what will he think of someone who judges someone else they have never met and presumes I have been handed a job on a plate or have ventured to gain. Remember, in this job you will work with all sorts of people who have done everything they could to get where they. You must never bring into work your opinion of others as you're meant to work together as a team.

Best of luck and I hope you get a job sooner or later.

If you need any advice on CVs or anything, please feel to message me and I will give you my e-mail address

As for jet 2, I wish everyone the best of luck. I have friends there who love it.

Its bloody hot here. By the way, the Olympics was brilliant

Last edited by Black Pudding; 18th Aug 2012 at 16:35.