PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BASSA Branch Secretary ET Minutes Now in Public Domain
Old 14th Aug 2012, 20:29
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
A.O.

To some it may be boring, but not to me, and IMHO you are not wrong - I agree with many of the points you've raised.

OmniP.

Soundings are that relations between BASSA and BA management are getting much better.
Soundings? What soundings? My soundings (i.e. downroute conversations/fly on that wall) have led me to a less optimistic conclusion. FdP and others may be happy that BASSA's overt demands to management aren't quite as silly as they used to be and yes, in many areas their powers seem to have been diminished, but there are signs that BASSA are yet again starting to investigate the limits of acceptable behaviour and there's now increasing evidence that some have started to use BA's own disciplinary mechanisms to hamstrung members of the other main employee group they interact with.......(does the terms "S.A.S." ring a bell?)

There won't be a sequel.
Until the moderate's gain control of the union this isn't over, it will just move underground.

Last edited by wiggy; 14th Aug 2012 at 20:58.