PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Africa World Airlines
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2012, 19:35
flyafricaworld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why is it that the senior management team from Ghana is being completely replaced by people from China?
That is rather an exaggeration I think. Every major shareholder wants to ensure that they have control over management of the company and consequently seek to install their own trusted people. Certainly, there are some managers (possibly including myself) that have been with the company from the business plan development days who may not find positions for themselves within the organisation once operations commence. That is hardly a case of "completely replaced" though. It's just business.

Why have pilots and engineers contracts been unilaterally changed by the Chinese managers? Why is the July salary for Ghanaian employees still not paid as of August 13th while the Chinese managers received their payments on July 28th?
I am not going to comment about internal HR issues on a public forum. That means that I am neither confirming nor denying these statements. However, I will point out that there are presently no "Chinese managers" employed by Africa World Airlines. You can judge the accuracy of your statements from that fact alone.