PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Something interesting around LA?
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2012, 17:21
Genghis the Engineer

Received 51 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by 172driver
Genghis, you could also go to Whiteman (KWHP) and look around there. It's been quite a while, but last time I was there this place looked like experimental heaven - perhaps right up your street! A bit out of your way, though.

Then again, you could do a few hours instruction in a Cirrus - would deffo help in the Cirrus discussion on here
The conference I'm going to includes a lecture by Sully Sullenberger and a tour of Mojave so I'm doing okay on interesting visits. And as you say, a bit out of my way.

Regarding the Cirrus - yes, I'd be very happy to get some Cirrus instruction and time. However, as (a) one website says 10 hour to checkout, and (b) no other company with Cirruses has replied to my emails, that may not happen this trip. It will happen at some point - maybe I'll do that at Denham at some point from home.

I like the look of the outfit at Fullerton, and may think about an SF260 if it's affordable and they'd let me go off and play on my own - the WACO appeals as well, but apparently they won't rent it out solo, which is a shame.

G