PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND - 3 The new beginning
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2012, 16:07
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LTNman - when an airport has 42,000 passengers (i.e. barely registers as a commercial passenger airport), and then receives a brand new terminal just before the summer season begins in March, along with a railway station and a load of routes are opened by a large airline, it is to be expected that both this year and next, the %'age passenger number increase is bound to be extremely high. Thus your prediction for 2012 and 2013 is not particularly eye-opening.

The CAA stats for the 12 months ending June 2012 published a month ago indicate a growth in passenger numbers of approx 1,000 %.
Add in the extra passenger numbers for the Nov12-Mar13 season, and the %'age increase for 2013 will also be extremely high, simply because Jan12-Mar12 had very few passengers and Easyjet only began operations in April 2012
That's what I said but in one sentance.

I am slightly surprised that in 2014 you expect next to no growth. What does "next to no growth" mean ? Below 1% ? Below 5% ? Below 10% ? Or something else ?
I would guess around zero % Some easyjet routes might be dropped to be replaced by new ones. The soon to be expanded terminal will still be maxed out in the early morning thus preventing additional night stoppers from what ever additional aircraft are based next year.

There will be no real demand from other airlines that will be looking at a more competitive Stansted under new owners.

IT flights from Southend will still be very limited with no real increase on next year.

Last edited by LTNman; 14th Aug 2012 at 16:28.