PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegians pilots goes to war
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2012, 12:10
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Norwegian Union capitulated, as Mr Kjos ( an ex solicitor in addition to being an ex Starfighter pilot ) is reputed to have proved that existing legislation did not allow a strike for the reasons given. In return the core workforce has been increased a little, but, the damage has been done & the target now appears to be the Ryanairisation of NAS. Great for the shareholders, but for the employees a catastrophic business model to aspire to.

The Swedish based pilots are employed on a Swedish contract, maybe the Swedish law is more favorable for them ?

In any case, they can possibly manage to outlaw the usage of Contractors in Swedish bases, but difficult to imagine they can do anything about the "employment" of Contractors in HEL/AGP/LPA or wherever comes next.

I believe the political landscape between Norwegian & Swedish employees involves some bad blood in the past, I hope they are able to put this behind them & concentrate on the important issues.

As a Contractor I will possibly be accused of gloating, nothing could be further from the truth, however I am mindful of the sad fact that most legislation is heavily weighted in favour of the "big money", & that ain't us, or the Unions.

Last edited by captplaystation; 14th Aug 2012 at 12:12.