PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe - 6
Thread: FlyBe - 6
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2012, 12:05
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Routes

I am with JC25 on this one, things are tough but they seem to have made some good decisions route wise of late, which certainly should help revenue such as EMA-GLA, EDI, AMS, JER & CDG plus BHX - AMS and the cancellation of BHX-HAM, MAN-BRU which have competitors.

The EMA flights averaged between five and ten thousand a month on 737's, with reasonable fares and hopefully flybe will make money where BMI Baby allegedly didn't (Not sure which routes were the real loss-makers)

I can't comment too much on the cancellation of FRA or NOC-LBA but load factors were not great.

I assume the MAN-BRU aircraft is shifting to GLA to operate the EMA and the next 175 goes to EDI to operate the SOU and the Q400 shifts to to EDI-EMA?

The only surprise is that EMA-AMS doesn't start at double daily and that should indicate that they don't want to prune any other routes to make way for it and would rather wait for further deliveries.

The one department that probably could see expansion is Q400 maintenance. The day I flew out on Monarch to Venice four out of eight early morning BHX departures were delayed with no estimate for departures.

Things have slightly improved and it doesn't seem to be lack of aircraft. BHX had ten 195's through yesterday but a couple only operating between two and four sectors if you take out positioning legs to Finland for one of them.

I would imagine operations also earn their corn with the amount of aircraft changes something probably not lost on Menzies at BHX.

Pete