PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK NPAS discussion: thread Mk 2
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2012, 09:45
Wagging Finger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My quote
"don't need to worry about results, that's for someone else to consider"
was well thought through and well considered by me before I wrote it. I still hold it true.

When Air Support is no longer tasked centrally every job will be a 'go' we will have no option to select jobs that we think we will get a result from(which is a basic tasking criteria). In which case our results will undoubtedly drop off.

As individuals at units we will just become like the beat bobby, radio goes we attend. That is where my much observed quote comes in, we will have to get to the point where we "don't need to worry about results, that's for someone else to consider" because if we don't we will drive ourselves mad. We will have to learn to live by this, for NPAS a result will be, our aircraft attended within the given time.

The Police service very rarely publish arrest figures, they just deal with response times, did the Police arrive on time that's all. So be realistic, do you really think that at Command level they really worry how many people are arrested each day other that the impact it has on custody? They are more worried about, did they make the 9's was the phone answered on time, or the main figure the public seem interested about, the detection rate.

I respect the views of ever poster here, my post with that quote has sparked a debate, that's what is missing with NPAS, there is no debate. Sadly on Pprune the debate only starts when more considered opinions come along. I did laugh at the Englebert and packet of maltesers comment though.

If you don't think the world has changed, turn on the news more. Watch a program like Newsnight, read a paper (a real one) or better still engage in a debate once in a while.

On a final note, I a not a Sir, I have been very careful throughout to not give away my gender, grade or race, it has a way of polarising a debate that I don't want to get into.

What I will say, is I will ( hopefully) be part of NPAS, though not a big part. I will turn up get changed, go to calls and go home. I will,work hard because that is what I am paid to do. I will not go home and worry that we did not get a result because I have matured enough to realise that they all 'will come again'

I look forward to the sensible debate, this post will create.