PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Little Good News
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2012, 07:25
Winco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
spaniels ears

I guess the other 'grumpy old man' you refered to was me, so I'll bite!

If you, and the rest of your sqn have been able to get in all of your leave for 10 years+, then i would assume that you are not on an operational squadron. If you are, then perhaps you would care to enlighten us as to your a/c type you operate, what you are or do on the sqn and more importantly, how you have been able to manage it!!

I no longer have that problem, but I still know a great many aircrew in the services and I don't know any that get their full entitlement of leave.

As for the rubbish about those of us that were 'unmoved by the achievements of team GB' I can only say this.....
I wasn't particularly 'moved' by them I concede, but I was pleased to see that they had done so well. My big gripe is that I fail to see why a huge amount of everyday servicemen and women should have their lives turned upside down and generally fuŁ$ed about, so that a handful of (very) tallented sportspeople can have their minute glory. IMHO it wasn't worth it!

If you like watching or doing sports then great. But if you would rarther be with your wife, kids, family and/or friends then I don't see why you should have been screwed around by those would rarther run round a track, or chuck a spear or two.

So, there you have the two replies from the Grumpy Old Men.

Winco