PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GSS morale misery
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2012, 07:21
zeddb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This industry really does beggar belief at times. We are all in the same union but we tear at each others throats like wild dogs when we see an advantage. You don't see train drivers wishing away the jobs of their colleagues. I really do wish that the minority of BA pilots who seem to think they are entitled to everything and more would just now and again look at themselves and see just how good their deal is when compared to the rest of the UK aviation sector.

The best rosters, pay, pensions, conditions and in effect guaranteed command providing you don't actually punch the chief pilot in the car park. And just as a nice little bonus, the chance for an early 747 left seat that really belongs to someone else. And its still not enough for some is it?

I really don't want to have a go at anyone but why not take a little look around out of your privileged little bubble now and again and give thanks for just how fortunate you really are.

And before someone starts in about BA work etc, if memory serves, Cityflyer at LCY operate BA flights in BA liveried aircraft. How many commands are you entitled to there? Flybe operate BA flights in the regions, should they all loose their jobs as well?

Apologies for the thread drift but there are still one or two issues that get right up my left nostril, even at my advanced age. I pay the same subs to the same union as the BA crews and I get very peed off when they start demanding that my job is actually theirs. Thank god I can retire in a few years. I love flying and I like the company I work for but this industry is the most selfish, self centered screwed up hell I have ever come across.

Rant over. I'm off to walk the dog. Have a nice day.