PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prestige Jet- All Merged Threads
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2012, 05:36
KangarooFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Response to Kanela

Dear Kanela,

UAE is a very expensive place to live with most flats requiring large cash-in-advance payments, as will vehicle, utilities, mobile, etc., also require large up-front cash inputs. It would be very difficult to come to UAE and invest all the upfront costs in a situation in which you will be paid sporadically or not at all - this is a huge risk to take on; in this case, a well-known high risk.

As one who has a judgment, for two years now, from the Labour Court of Abu Dhabi ordering Prestige Jet to pay me my salaries and dues, but having not yet received my salaries and dues, I can only wonder what will cause them to pay you under a new company name in a different Emirate if they are not capable and willing to respect the authority of the Labour Court of Abu Dhabi in such matters.

Then there are the other matters which have been discussed in some detail in this thread, such as Ex-Terminator's experience with the technical issues and the others' analyses of various issues such as the significance of utilizing the US FAA N-registered aircraft in the manner described.

I cannot predict with absolute certainty how they will behave, which is what your question is, but I can tell you that my opinion is overwhelmingly negative on this question. You must decide on what level of risk you can afford to take. If you can find an employer without such a consistent record of not paying employees, lessors and suppliers - as well as disrespecting the judgments and orders of the Court - you will greatly reduce the risk to yourself. It is interesting to hear that so many flight attendants are declining invitations to work for this company, now in its third or fourth incarnation but with the same leadership and management, each time. You are correct to see this as a bright red flag and to consider your options.

I wish you luck and will be happy to join others in welcoming you to UAE, but preferably with an employer whose greatest predictability is in a category other than unwillingness to pay its employees.

KF