PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair-Capt's airside/Armed Forces ID bad-Student ID good (Merged)
Old 9th Jan 2003, 07:47
pipersg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

It's all well and good to say "these are the rules and they're stated very clearly, here, here and here", but the point is that Ryanair's photo ID policy is as much of a joke as the rest of their customer service. Why the hell should you have to use a passport for an internal flight on Ryanair when you don't on the national Flag Carrier. When I have used Ryanair in the past I have carried my passport through necessity and not choice. Then again Flag Carrier airlines aren't in the habit of bumping passengers off of flights for no good reason and keeping their money.

People who look after the interests of the UK like Police Officers and Military Personnel are told their IDs are not valid for carriage but some dodgy geezer who has ordered their International Student ID from the pages of FHM or Maxim is given no hassle.

It may be the rules but the rules are clearly WRONG, I will not fly with Ryanair again and neither will anybody who asks my opinion of them although I will visit STN for their help with an ongoing project of mine.

"The Bumper Book of Revenue Earning Excuses"

ps. for the attention of "ILUV2FLY", I am quite certain that there are plenty of Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Policemen who do not have passports!!!!!

Last edited by pipersg; 9th Jan 2003 at 07:59.