PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 9
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2012, 19:41
DozyWannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lyman
Erroneously included? Or Erroneous?

What does the new graph depict? The reason I ask, is there have been several
Items, removed and replaced, prior, and I tend to go with the original information, unless there is a written and authenticated correction.
Firstly - going from "interim" (which is another way of saying draft, preliminary etc.) to "final" implies that the "final" version is the one with correct data. That's the same if you're talking about aviation, legislation, engineering specifications or even creative writing.

Don't think for a second that the data in the interim report went straight from the flight recorders into the statistical/graphing software (which looks to me to have been MS Excel) - it will have been copy/pasted and moved around several times in both cases. The likelihood is that there was a mistake transferring the data that ended up in the interim report that was not picked up in the proof-reading, then later corrected in the final report and annexes/appendices.

In fact the apparent low resolution of the appended DFDR traces in both cases looks to me like the PDF conversion was performed by someone who wasn't aware that the resolution would be degraded to such an extent (or the correct settings to compensate).

Last edited by DozyWannabe; 13th Aug 2012 at 19:45.