PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 9
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2012, 18:23
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very true - 8 seconds (or thereabouts) was the value we got in the A320 sim with THS full NU, followed by sustained full-ND on the sidestick when we attempted the AF447 scenario. Approximately 8 seconds from full-NU to neutral, controlling roll with rudder rather than ailerons (due to stalled state).

Dozy, please. Eight seconds to return to NEUTRAL..... When was it going to start its eight second journey? Or does it linger at FULL NU and then instantly return to NEUTRAL?

Skip the ailerons, why did you not think that your sim proved nothing? 447 s THS did not BUDGE, eight seconds or eight days, etc.....

More to the point, at what time did the THS start to move? Two seconds?

Are you making this up as we go along for the 'ride' ?

Hammond man

Organfreak

Lyman, I cannot cite this b/c I'm an airhead with few remaining memory cells, but, I am sure that I have read in an AB publication on control laws that the ND input must be definite and prolonged before the AC will trim accordingly. I'll look for it in my mahssive collection of documents. I think you should give up on this line of speculative inquiry. Ppl been telling you repeatedly that Bonin's ND inputs weren't enough to do it. No hidden conspiracy there, I accept it as fact.

Not at all, why is there no discussion on the THS as to precisely when it moves,

Why would it hesitate, to see if there is a established Pitch? What is "established pitch"?

This is not speculative, it is a demand in the wind for data to be supplied. BEA have left anyone who wants some technical back up hanging.....

Because Airbus owns the DATA? And that is important and needs to be protected exactly, WHY?

Last edited by Lyman; 13th Aug 2012 at 19:01.