PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GSS morale misery
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2012, 16:21
zeddb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are some of us within BA that want the secondments to end too. BA work flown by BA pilots. It wouldn't be difficult for BA to lease its own freighters and fly its own work.
Sadly, internal politics meant that GSS was set up and BA pilots work was given away. I'm guessing GSS pilots don't want to hear that though?
Do we want to see our jobs disappear? No, do you? Don't you people have enough advantages over the rest of us? Maybe you should be entitled to 50% of our salaries as we at GSS are evidently taking the food out of the mouths of your families. How about BA pilots have a percentage of all commands, everywhere? After all, any aircraft in the air could be flown by BA crews and therefore it could be argued that any operator is taking work away from BA pilots.

Sometimes I think that Waterside should be in the shape of a hollow volcano with the BA CC in the middle stroking white cats whilst plotting world domination.

Here's a radical idea, If BA decide to take the whole thing in house then the GSS pilots should be given the same deal that BMI pilots were and put onto the BA seniority list with grandfather rights at STN.

I'm guessing BA pilots don't want to hear that though?

It's not going to happen because it is far more profitable for BA to keep the whole thing at arm's length. The secondees keep the BA cc quiet, GSS pilots just get on with the job and everyone is happy, or at least relatively so.

It will be interesting to speculate what would happen to the secondee system if and when BA stop operating the 747 400. Will they pay for their FO's to be 747 8 type rated so they can have a cushty number flying cargo? I wouldn't bet my career on it.