PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BOURNEMOUTH - 3
Thread: BOURNEMOUTH - 3
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2012, 07:24
anna_list

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FR loads for June

Hello,

FR's BOH June numbers look pretty good: Palma, Malaga, Rhodes, Faro, Alicante, Ibiza, Murcia, Tenerife, Malta, Fuerteventura and Gran Canaria were all in the range 85-90% full (flown load factor), with Lanzarote, Wroclaw and Girona not far behind. Compared to last June the figures are all well up, although capacity has been reduced to Alicante (but increased to Palma and Murcia). The top two in terms of loads for the year so far are Alicante and Malaga by some distance.

The two routes that look a bit worrying are Pisa, which has been operated since 2006, but has seen loads consistently down from April to June this year, and Carcassonne which is only averaging just over half full so far this year.

Malta looks stronger than when it was first flown in 2010 and Wroclaw looks better than it did in 2008-9, when it operated 3 times a week initially (now twice a week). Carcassonne was also pretty weak when it was first flown back in 2009 although it did get to 83% in August 2009.

As usual, I have no idea about the all important yields...

Ryanair's list of dropped routes from Bournemouth is pretty impressive: Hahn, Shannon, Madrid, Nantes, Prestwick, Beauvais, Turin, Edinburgh, Marseille, Limoges, Reus, Bergamo, Valencia and Dublin. Looking back at the old statistics, very few of these routes were producing the kind of loads that we're seeing from the current batch of routes. This begs the question: If Ryanair feel like expanding the operation next summer, or replacing Carcassone, which routes might they add?

Personally, I would suggest Krakow (which was tried by Easyjet in the past, as was Katowice by Wizzair) - it could easily do as well as Wroclaw. Rome Ciampino might work, but the shortage of slots there makes it unlikely. If Greece and Ryanair remain on speaking terms next summer, I wouldn't rule out a weekly route or two to some of Ryanair's other favourite islands like Kos, Corfu or Chania.