PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EFT Florida
Thread: EFT Florida
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2012, 23:52
cefey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im thinking about going back to FL to complete my JAA conversion and EFT is one of my options.

One thing I react on, is "whole class failing". I find it quite unlikely. Schools and instructors want people to pass first time. If instructors/school have a high fail percentage, FAA gonna start asking questions.
If they want to milk people for money, they will fail you on your EOC-ride, not on your check-ride.
Same goes for examiners. FAA will start asking questions if he have like 70% fail-rate VS 10% avg in US (made up number!).

No offence, but I dont believe that this guy was failing everyone for 2 years and he is still examiner there and school dont want to talk to him... That just sounds unrealistic to me.

As for "bad management only wanting money" - every school, at least in US, is like that. Out of my experience. Only thing to do here is prepare your self well in advance, figure out every detail in contract, discuss every payment.
Then work and study hard and you should have nice and smooth ride.

And last, but not least. It is amuses me to read, people complaining about having little money and "therefore I picked that school", and then complaining about "old airplanes"...
You pay little - you get crap. Its like that everywhere.
Wanna cheap flight? Go for Ryanair.
Wanna service? 1st class at BA.
Wanna cheap school? Except old airplanes.
Wanna new, shiny airplanes? Prepare to pay x2 or even x10 the price.

I had friend doing ME and ME-hour building at aviator and they left very happy. They got what they was promised. Maintanence was quick and smooth and they finish everythin just in time, as planed.
Therfore I keep EFT as one of my options.