PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GSS morale misery
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2012, 22:27
zeddb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For the nth time, no one is defending the Secondee arrangement, it's just the situation that exists and you either accept it and live with it or you go elsewhere. The arrangement affects no other uk airline and what GSS pilots choose to live with or not is the business of GSS pilots and no one else. We all want commands as much as anyone else in the industry and yes we would all rather the whole business went away. It isn't going to anytime soon so everyone lives with it. Most recent commands have gone to GSS first officers, not BA ones and just about all those who joined in the first couple of years are now captains.

Once more no one appreciates being called spineless just for accepting a situation that no one can do anything about. Most would rather accept it and have a job than see the business go elsewhere, probably under the same deal due to the threat of industrial action from BA BALPA. No it isn't fair that thre BA pilots who are in the same union as we are can impose their will over our commands but there it is. If feelings were as strong as you seem to feel they should be I feel pretty certain that there would have been some sort of action by GSS members by now. There hasn't been and there is no imminent prospect of any such thing. If that offends your sense of what's right and wrong then so sorry, but I for one will not be handed sharpened bullets to fire by someone with a grievance that I don't share.

If you are a current GSS pilot and a BALPA member then feel free to make your representations to the cc. If you don't work for GSS then please refrain from passing judgement.

Once more, no it isn't right and neither is it fair but that's life. Being made redundant several times wasnt fair either but it happened. Blaming others changes nothing.

Last edited by zeddb; 12th Aug 2012 at 23:35.