PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Financial advice
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2012, 21:50
40&80

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In 1976 L1011 F/O Pilots based in Bahrain were paid B.D.3600 a year.
The provident fund had been cancelled and it was necessary to now provide your pension income yourself.
Some of our pilots also had the same experience of financial advisers as you guys today...the numbers were just smaller.
I was always into investing almost as a hobby and sadly then bored the tits off my fellow crew with my free advice on shares and where to buy,store, and insure my favourite subject, kilo gold bars..however I soon shut up and became a fan of private banking and confidentiality after gold descended from $800 an ounce and I had to face up to their delighted piss taking at my imagined loses.
Having lived through the share crashes of 1973 and 1987 and thankfully never having sold I find markets do come back and if invested in the right product you can suck it up until the markets turn if you do not have to sell on a certain date.
I would not worry too much today if I was aged under 50 and had bought a bit of genuine gold at 1750 an ounce....a Fund I like the look of for the present market conditions is the Kennox Asset Management Strategic Value Fund min investment £20k.
Cheers