PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK NPAS discussion: thread Mk 2
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2012, 16:28
Wagging Finger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GG

And that is - priceless, and that is going to be lost.....
Sadly that is very wrong, it was pricey not priceless, given the current cuts ongoing with the Comprehensive Spending Review and the next round of CSR coming that will be the same or worse cuts do you really think that Air Support would have survived in its current form?

I strongly believe that there are units out there that would not survive if it wasn't for NPAS. Your comment about only one aircraft being tasked is correct, but it will be the nearest aircraft (that may already be in flight) that will be sent from a pool of 23 possible options, if the local aircraft is tech then that would normally mean little or no air support.

It's time that some people took their heads out of the sand(or elsewhere for that matter) and realised change is coming, live with it or move on. The days of nice little private flying cubs are over, we will have to earn our money now. We don't need to worry about results, that's for someone else to consider.

As regards TFO's V Neighbourhood policing that is for each of us to decide, the grass is not always greener on the other side, it's just cut different.

I don't like to think of my comments as politically correct, just well considered and thought out, I prefer to work with fact rather than rumour, perhaps I'm in the wrong place.