PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Career Options for Singaporean in Singapore - Sponsored or Self Sponsored
Old 12th Aug 2012, 01:24
9M-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Hi SingaporeAirlines,

Thanks for sharing with us your credential. It is nice to see all the hard work paid off when you land yourself a job that you love. Since i started this thread, i will also introduce myself briefly. I started flying back in Brisbane when i was doing my degree course. After graduation, i returned back to Singapore looking for places to fly. I found out that the airspace in Singapore is too limited so i went over to Johor to convert my Aus PPL to a Malaysian PPL. Thereafter i continue to pursue my dream and gotten myself an instructor rating and continued to instruct in Johor for the next 3 years.

During this time, i upgraded myself to CPL/IR and also ATPL papers by self studying. I was quite fortunate and landed myself a job with a local carrier in Singapore. Hope with my experience, i can help more of you out there and give you better tips and advice. Cheers! Keep the thread alive~