PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision) 2
Old 11th Aug 2012, 18:55
An0maly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi All ,

I'd like to apply for a C1 Med and believe that I meet the criteria with the exception of that I exceed the Esophoria limit , which would probably mean an Unfit assessment by AME and referral to Consultant Opthamologist .

I've seen my Orthoptist at Moorefields and showed her the C1 Med requirements , she said that I'm about 12 Eso but that it is well compensated for and have very good Fusional reserves. I also did the Stereoscopic test and could see the 3D images , which means I do retain Binocular vision . She increased my prescription from ( +2.25 L / 2 R ) to ( +3 ) on both as it might help with the Esophoria . I'm supposed to go back in a few days to be checked again and get a report written up to take with me to Gatwick.

She reckons that I could get a pass based on the Compensation and Fusional reserves but IF that wasn't good enough then I could have surgery ( Strabismus correction ?? ) to sort out the imbalance .

Anyone have experience with Esophoria on C1 recently ? I've found a few posts circa 2007 / 2010 and they weren't even referred for further evaluation , 2007 person even said that AME didn't bother measuring fusional reserve.

With regards to the surgery , I remember reading a few posts saying that it was only for cosmetic purposes in adults . According to my Orthoptist and a couple of articles on the web it can improve the eye muscle imbalance , rather confused now

Last edited by An0maly; 12th Aug 2012 at 05:27.