PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2012, 17:33
GregA380

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ICAO English Test - now better

The ICAO English test at CX has changed for the better. After my last test Brian recommended me attend presentation classes, watch American comedy shows and talk about strange topics like Lady Gaga which I thought was wierd, eh? This did not prepare me for the test I did last week.

I love aviation and flying and I know Brian lied to me because all my friends say I communicate well. I did study in England after all.

The test I did last week included general questions about aviation topics; questions on the topics heard on audio conversations; aviation picture description and related questions and aviation video description and related questions.

The ladies in the test room relaxed me and I felt good because I was talking about my favourite topic – flying. I feel it is fair to be asked questions about aviation. This is the career we are preparing for.

I was recommended to look at the following sites to develop my aviation English skills on a continue basis: "skybrary", "LiveATC.net", "ATC readback" and "Air Crash Investigations"

I think the people who now do the testing really want us to succeed, and my advise to you is go out and start learning English for Aviation. Anyone you have to buy coffee, lunch or dinner for is not interested in helping you succeed in your dream to be a pilot.

Please reply your feelings below: